[Reader-list] Aadab In A Time Of Allah Hafiz

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:34:38 IST 2011

This is a  very interesting conversation . With everybody's  permission,wanted to shear a  thought .In Kashmir  'adaab' ( aadab arz actually) once the most common amongst the Muslims as well as between Hindu Pandits & Muslims during the good old days gradually  got replaced by  'assalam-walaikum' ( which I learn now should be  'assalamu-alaikum' ) with the rise of militant activism/fundamentalism.The change having become nearly complete back home  dawned upon me when while shooting for a TV serial for DD Kashir a few years ago,the director on being pointed out, was quite amazed to know that 'adaab' as against "assalamu-alaikum" went better with the  kashmiriyat that was being depicted.Clearly the narrative of the script was based on post 1989-90 Kashmir.Rgds allLA--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------