[Reader-list] Fwd: Watermans screening of my documentaries/ London/Sept11

arshad amanullah arshad.mcrc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:31:16 IST 2011

Dear All,
Here is about screening of my documentaries at the Watermans   Arts
Centre, London, followed by a panel discussion. Please forward it to
friends in London who might like to join in.
Regards
Ajay.

Two films of Punjab after the 1947 bloody partition
Sunday 11 September
4pm - 6.30pm followed by a Q&A
Kitte Mil Ve Mahi Where The Twain Shall Meet (2005) 70 mins
Language: Punjabi with English Subtitles
Director/ Producer Ajay Bhardwaj

Rabba Hun Kee Kariye Thus Departed Our Neighbours (2007) 65 mins
Language: Punjabi with English Subtitles
Director/ Producer Ajay Bhardwaj

 A double bill of two seminal documentaries, from the Delhi based
Indian Film maker Ajay Bhardwaj, on contesting perceptions of Punjab,
a state partitioned on religious lines amidst widespread bloodshed in
1947.

In “Kitte Mil Ve Mahi” the director journeys through the Doaba region
to explore the unique bond between Dalits and Sufism in an unfolding a
spiritual universe that is both healing and emancipatory and hinting
at the economic, religious and idealogical marginalisation of Dalits.

“Rabba Hun Kee Kariye” captures feelings of guilt and remorse about
the genocidal violence on the Indian side of Punjab in 1947.These
stories, almost like folklore, are part of the memory - scape of rural
Punjab. In this documentary these long suppressed experiences become
accessible in public domain for the first time.

The screening of Rabba Hun Kee Kariye will be followed by a Q&A with
Dr Meena Dhanda, Amarjit Chandan and Amin Mughal.

Showing at:
Watermans
40 High Street
Brentford
TW8 0DS
Box Office: +44 (0)20 8323 1010
www.watermans.org.uk

Ticket price: £10 for both films and Q&A

About Ajay Bhardwaj

Ajay Bhardwaj (b. 1964) is a documentary filmmaker based in Delhi. He
holds two Master’s degrees, in the fields of Political Studies and
Mass Communications, and has worked in media for the past two decades.
His documentaries have been screened at international film festivals,
academic conferences, and community and activist events.

For further information visit http://www.popsamiti.com/ajaybhardwaj.html