[Reader-list] UPDATES FROM ANTI POSCO STRUGGLE

Asit Das asit1917 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 04:58:48 CDT 2013

Dear All,

In spite of heavy protest, the Odisha government is continuing the forceful
land acquisition for Posco in Jagatsinghpur district.The betel vine owners
were beaten up and their vineyards destroyed at gunpoint. The police  had
used physical force to carry on with the demolition drive despite
their protests. Our people  protested and refused to give in. However the
policemen mercilessly beat them up and pulled them away from the betel
vines. Even they didn't allow our villagers to take back our necessary
tools like motor pumps, polythene sheets and other tools from the farm
land.

The administration is playing double standards. They are using police force
to acquire land while making false claims that work was going on with the
consent of the people.

Our villagers have intensified the stir during last few days and vowed not
to hand over ‘a single inch of land’ to the Jagatsinghpur administration.

We earnestly appeal you to  keep  writing and calling the following
authorities to stop this forceful land acquisition.

Kindly circulate this mail widely.

In Solidarity,

Prashant Paikary

Spokesperson, POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti

Mobile no-09437571547

E-Mail - prashantpaikary at gmail.com

You can call/write to the following :

1. Naveen Patnaik

Chief Minister,  Odishas

Tel. No.(O) 011 91 674 2531100,011 91 674 2535100,

011 91 674 2531500, Epbax 2163

Tel. No.(R) 011 91 674 2590299, 011 91 674 2591099,

011 91 674 2590844, 011 91 674 2591100,

Fax No- (91)6742535100

E Mail: cmo at ori.nic.in

2.  Dr. S.C. Jamir, Governor of Odisha,  Fax No- (91)6742536582

3. Shri Jugal Mohapatra , Chief Secretary, E-mail:
csori at ori.nic.<csori at ori.nic.in>

Phone no - 0674 - 2536700

0674 - 2534300

0674 - 2322196

Fax No - 0674 - 2536660

3. S.K. Mallick , District  Collector, Jagatsinghpur, Contact number
09437239444,  Fax no - : (91)6724220299

4. P. Satyabrata Bhoi, Superintendent of Police,  Mobile no-09437094678,
dmjsp at ori.nic.in

5. Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India

Tel no-+9111-23016857

e mail: manmohan at sansad.in

6. Sonia Gandhi: Tel Phone no - (91)11-23014161, (91)11-23012656,
Fax- (91)112301865, soniagandhi at sansad.nic.in,

*7.* Chairperson, National Human Rights Commission of India, Faridkot
House, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi 110 001, Tel: +91 11 230 74448, Fax: +91
11 2334 0016, Email: chairnhrc at nic.in

8. Shri. V.Kishore Chandra Deo

Minister of Tribal Affairs

Ministry of Tribal Affairs,