[Reader-list] Documentary on Misuse of IPC 498A - The Anti Dowry Act - Need Help

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Feb 11 22:31:44 CST 2014

Hi,

Martyrs of Marriage is an Independent documentary film on misuse of IPC 498A also called the ‘anti-dowry’ Act in India.

The film chronicles lives of people who have been victimized due to abuse of this law, also accepted as ‘LEGAL TERRORISM’
by Supreme Court of India. Around 20 Lakh Men, Women, Senior citizens and even Children have being Jailed under this provision
 in last 15 years only. Lakhs continue to be arrested every year on mere allegations. Several people have ended lives, either caught
in false cases or by mere threat of a Dowry case.

The film is a story of people who have fought and are fighting the most unexpected Battle of their life - Marriage.

Promos of the film can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGirYN2z4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98qvTt0L10

The film is under post production. I am looking for an Editor who has good experience with Documentaries
 not just in terms of editing but also adding substance to the story line.

The film is a self and crowd funded project thus remuneration would not be very high(not very low too).

Kindly send me your profile if the subject/trailers inspires you and priority is subject and not money.

If anyone who believes in the Subject wish to Donate for the film/just get in touch, please write to martyrsofmarriage at gmail.com

--
Warm Regards,
Deepika Narayan Bhardwaj