[Reader-list] Call for entries: Film Festival on Hunger and Social Justice

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Fri Feb 14 22:36:11 CST 2014

Film Festival on Hunger and Social Justice

The IG Khan Memorial Trust invites entries for a film festival on the theme of Hunger and Social Justice. The Trust, founded in memory of Dr IG Khan (a historian and teacher at Aligarh Muslim University who worked on a variety of social issues), organizes an annual lecture and events in association with the university on the idea of social justice. For more on our work and past events, see our website www.igkhan.org

This year, we are hosting a festival of short films that explore the idea of hunger and social justice, with special focus onfood security, inequality and the idea of hunger in different contexts. The theme is flexible and we encourage creative interpretation of the idea of hunger.

The festival will be non-competitive and part of a series of events that highlight the systems and structures behind access to food and the politics of deprivation.

The films will be screened on the AMU campus.
Festival Dates: March 29 - 30, 2014

We are looking for short films of all formats (fiction, documentaries, animation) under 30 mins of running time. Interested filmmakers please send 2 DVDs of your work, with a brief synopsis and bio (one paragraph each) to: Aamir Hasan Khan

The films will not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever.

Address for sending the DVDs:  Aamir Hasan Khan C/O Mr. Qureishi,1st Floor Annex, A-13 Nizamuddin West, New Delhi,India - 110013,9899202967

Please note that we will be unable to return the DVDs or other material.  For questions please contact  (+91.9899202967) or email us at:aamirhasankhan at yahoo.co.in