[Reader-list] Etihas video magazine

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 14:03:20 CST 2015

Etihas video magazine - Issue 1, January 2016

We are very happy to announce the launch of the first issue of Etihas.in, an online video magazine of history, arts and culture of India and South Asia. The word ETIHAS can be an acronym for 'Educational Technology for India's History, Arts and Society'. Through this online platform, we hope to bring forth various aspects of history and artistic traditions for everyone - especially the younger generation glued to their mobile devices - in an easy to follow language and visualization.

Each month, Etihas will carry short videos featuring interviews with experts, mini documentaries, audio podcasts, and recordings of performing arts among many other items that we hope will entertain and inspire you, and arouse your appetite for more about our rich and diverse pasts.

This January 2016, we begin with a modest bunch of short videos on diverse topics, some of which will also be available soon in their longer versions:

1. An introduction to ETIHAS archive and magazine - history for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcXOBaORLl4
2. Do languages have a religion? Is Urdu the language of Muslims? (A mini documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19q29Z92h8U
3. Ustad Badruzzaman and Qamruzzaman of Lahore sing a Khayal composition in Punjabi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfRyQsTMV-M
4. Sadia Wahidi recites a poem of Nazeer Akbarabadi (Khel kood Kanhaiyya ji ka)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S12_KLYEBu8
5. Ancient Indian Science - Dissecting the myth and reality: a list of relevant links

http://etihas.in/science.html
6. A preview of videos in forthcoming issues of Etihas magazine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR5dgO3hyYU
You can browse the online magazine (http://etihas.in ) and watch the videos freely. It would be great if you subscribe to the magazine (by sending us an email) which will allow you to receive it each month as an email with video links. Since Etihas is an evolving magazine and online platform, you will soon see many changes and additions on the website, some based on your valuable feedback. We also welcome contributions in the form of new content on history and arts. Also, since Etihas is currently a voluntary effort of a few individuals with no financial support, we would be very glad to receive your support to run this initiative. You may also post these videos as widely as possible on social media.

We would be very happy to get your feedback about the Etihas magazine.

thanks and best of wishes for the new year.

The Etihas team

http://etihas.in