[Reader-list] Fw: Etihas.in magazine, 11th issue, November 2016

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 08:38:53 CDT 2016

Some links in the last post were incorrect. Here are the correct ones:

http://youtube.com/v/rMmKryPnkl4
http://youtube.com/v/iJVgl_cgp0A

On Sunday, 30 October 2016, 18:22, Yousuf <ysaeed7 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Etihas.in magazine, 11th issue, November 2016
A very happy Diwali to all of you. We are glad to present to you the 11th issue of this online magazine of India’s history, arts and culture of India and South Asia. The magazine can be visited at http://etihas.in/magazine.html
We hope our stories and interviews will entertain and inspire you, and arouse your appetite for more about our rich and diverse pasts. This month’s issue features the following items:

1. Diwali milan:Urdu nazms of Nazeer Akbarabadi and Nazeer Banarasi
While the 18th-century Urdu poet Nazeer Akbarabadi is famous for his festive nazms (poems) on all kinds of cultural activities and fairs, including Diwali and other occasions (some of it featured in this video), we also present a poem on Diwali by the poet Nazeer Banarasi, recited here by Sadia Wahidi.
http://www.youtube.com/v/rMmKryPnkl4

2. Asghar Ali Engineer: How History is Told
In a series of lectures on Communalism, the peace activist (late) Dr. Engineer talks about how (and why) history is told and how it can sometimes be misused for political gains. Other parts of his lecture can be seen in the July 2016 issue of Etihas.in
http://www.youtube.com/v/iJVgl_cgp0A

3. Biology and Medical Sciences in India's History
In our series of online bibliographies on Indian history and heritage, this month we present a list of selected resources and links on the history of biological and medical sciences in India. See the list here: http://etihas.in/medicine.html

Please see the list of previous issues here. http://etihas.in/list.html

This initiative is run entirely on voluntary basis, and your support has made it possible to run it for this entire year. In order to carry this effort further, we plan to start a paid subscription from January 2017 at a nominal fee, and hope that you will continue to support us. Please confirm if you would like to take a paid subscription to Ektara’s magazine which will allow you to receive exclusive full videos produced by us. We will announce the subscription fees (for India and abroad) in the December issue. We will also make a DVD of the videos of 2016 issues available for you to purchase from us in December.

Thanks for watching our videos and spreading our message afar.

Etihas.in team

----

http://www.etihas.in