[Urbanstudy] Diary of Summer Camp with Children of Wastepickers

Kabir Khan kabirkhan1989 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 00:50:51 CDT 2017

Diary of Summer Camp with Children of Wastepickers
<https://wastenarratives.com/2017/06/16/diary-of-summer-camp-with-children-of-wastepickers/>

*Priyanka Sacheti**

I got to learn about Hasiru Dala when I started volunteering with Buguri
<https://wastenarratives.com/2017/01/17/support-creation-of-library-for-children-of-wastepickers-informal-waste-collectors-in-banashankari-bangalore/>
a couple of months after  moving to Bangalore in January this year. Having
volunteered with a community library in Delhi, I was excited to hear about
the birth of one in Bangalore and wished to join their journey in creating
a dialogue about reading and books. After meeting Lakshmi and talking to
her about Buguri and its goals, I have visited the library several times.
Each time I visit, it is a delight to see how it is growing, the children
peeking in before coming inside to browse through the books or settle down
to hear a story. Their anticipation and excitement is strongly palpable as
soon as they enter inside the comforting, nurturing space that is
Buguri. Continued
here...
<https://wastenarratives.com/2017/06/16/diary-of-summer-camp-with-children-of-wastepickers/>

Regards