[Reader-list] On the Hindu Photograph, 17-06-10

Pheeta Ram pheeta.ram at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 20:15:09 IST 2010

Now that you have raked a lot of muck, let me tell you something: there are
no Maoists in India. Period.

We don't need much of  grey matter - if our hearts are at their right places
- to make out what's happening; a common villager's logic shall do. ( Did i
hear Khap panchayats? Hold your horses.)

The tribals, who are fighting for their survival ( in a world which has
heartlessly forsaken them ), are ready for talks with THE STATE. The
instances of STATE POWER are being made to ask the tribals to shun violence,
that is, SURRENDER, and then come for talks. Now, if you come from a village
background, and have ever bought something from a typical local kariyana
shop, you would know that the scales are not equal as is being presumed by
many a people of your ilk and as THE STATE wants all of us to believe.

The tribals are being asked to "shun" violence and not "halt" it ( basic
premise is that the state is non-violent and its the tribals who have
started a FULL SCALE WAR. Have you ever heard of a colonized country called
Iraq?), in other words, you surrender and then THE STATE would oblige you
with its merciful ear. (Just an aside: Has anyone every bitten THE STATE's
ear? If yes, what is that kind of STATE with a bitten ear called?)
Interestingly, 'janta' has recognized that THE STATE is 'naked', whereas the
instances of THE STATE, who are always-already co-opted by the logic of the
capital, believe themselves to be tuxedo-wearing seven star guests in a five
star hotel.

Also, we are being made to believe that these tribals have always been
waging a war against the law abiding CITY-ZENS of India.(... from their
forests and now they need to be decimated and their, yes, their forests,
declared terra nullius so that the CITY-ZENS could share the profits which
are legitimately theirs for the taking). Have we ever questioned as to why
this so-called 'maoist' violence has suddenly reared its head in recent
years? The tribals have always fought for their dignity, and their struggle
predates Mao by centuries, if not millions and millions of years. Have we
ever asked as to why these jungles, which are being called the Maoist
corridor (MoUist corridor, now its become a cliche), have become the theatre
of war? Why is it that the 'maoist' violence hasn't spilled over to other
places in India? What is it that these tribals are defending with their
lives? Why don't they want to make a beeline for the city and become slaves
of the CITY-ZENs of India?

I thought slavery had been abolished way back in 1833 in America and it
existed nowhere else ( caste is another category!). But the Common-Wealth
Games have shattered that myth. I literally saw slaves sweating under
inhuman conditions to show a shining face of India's CITY-ZENS to a first
world salivating at India's riches, and lo once again!

The problem is that the CITY-ZENS have their riches at stake whereas the
tribals their lives. Just like that.

Another volley of questions: why is it that the Indian 'maoists' have never
tried to shake hands with the LTTE or the Al-Quaida? The Indian intelligence
agencies have themselves categorically denied any such links. What is at
stake that stops these so-called 'maoists' from doing so? Why is the Indian
media so afraid of these tribals who are defending their rights to the land
of their fathers and their forefathers before them? I mean the situation
looks plain ridiculous and as crystal clear as Rs 50/liter mineral water. (
One day, i made a mistake of asking for mineral water bottle at a CP
food-court. FIFTY RUPEES! Boy, you should have seen my face. I literally
held it, my face of course, in my hands and brought back home. Now, who
drinks water sold at Rs 50/liter. Only those who make thousands of crores by
selling indian minerals at dirt cheap rates. Just imagine, Indian state gets
Rs 50, or some such figure well below Rs 100, per tonne of minerals, i mean
tonne, that is 1000 kilos, where as the company which buys it earns Rs 5000.
Just imagine the scale of profits. My imagination staggers at such a
thought. When i was a little child, one day a long lost relative visited us.
Before leaving,out of love, he gave me five rupees. I didn't tell anybody.
The amount was so big in my imagination that i started having nightmares of
it being stolen and i being caught. It took me a few months before i could
muster some courage to spend these five rupees on my way back home from
school. But alas, somebody stole it from my school-bag that very day. I
pitied whoever did. Because now my nightmares were his. Good riddance!)

Now tell all these things to a villager residing anywhere in the world and
hear with patience what he says. The fight is actually between the CITY-ZENs
and the villagers or the tribals. The CITY-ZENs want to elope with all the
riches to the moon. ( Thank Dog, its still inhabitable. Ever wondered why
NASA and ISRO are so hardpressed to find life on other planets? Even a drop
of water will do, even a bacteria. Just give me a sign of life, however
faint!) Give the nouveau riche Asimos which are fully able to replace the
workers, and the second thing they would do is to appoint a Hitler on their
behalf. Why boy, Hitler is already on the prowl! A race is being decimated
right before the-eyes-of-those-who-have-them and we are holding
common-wealth games to hide our crimes.

The only ideal everybody should hold aloft: ALWAYS BE WITH THE PEOPLE,
ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE DEMANDING THEIR RIGHT TO LIVE, AND LIVE WITH
DIGNITY!

The moment you side with a head-less hydra-headed (?) THE STATE, you lose
your moral rights to be called a human being!

As simple as that.